Issue: User unable to send out email. Error message :Server error: ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to relay’
1)Check email account settings.
2)Make sure smtp server is correct
3) In email account settings, more settings, Outgoing Server, make sure there a tick for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
POP3 users unable to receive emails but Exchange users and OWA are working fine.
Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.
1) In EMS, type Get-ServerComponentstate -Identity <mailservername> to check
If the result is:
2) Type Set-ServerComponentState -Identity <mailservername> -Component PopProxy -Requester HealthAPI -State Active
3) Type Get-ServerComponentstate -Identity <mailservername> to confirm PopProxy’ s state is active.
4) POP3 users should able to receive their incoming mails.