POP3 users unable to receive emails but Exchange users and OWA are working fine.
Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.
1) In EMS, type Get-ServerComponentstate -Identity <mailservername> to check
If the result is:
2) Type Set-ServerComponentState -Identity <mailservername> -Component PopProxy -Requester HealthAPI -State Active
3) Type Get-ServerComponentstate -Identity <mailservername> to confirm PopProxy’ s state is active.
4) POP3 users should able to receive their incoming mails.
User’s Canon InkJet iX7000 Printer kept printing from manual tray in Outlook even though:
a) Cassette has paper
b) In printer properties, Paper Source is Manual Tray as default even i changed it to Cassette
c) In Word, Paper Source can select to Cassette and print out from Cassette.
1) In Outlook, go to Paper Setup and changed to Cassette for Paper Source.
2) In Printer properties, Paper Source also “auto-changed” to Cassette
3) User able to print using paper from Printer’s Cassette.
Current User’s Startup Folder location:
All Users’ Start Folder location:
AppData & ProgramData folder are hidden, needs to enable Show hidden files, folders and drives
Another faster access method is:
1) Press Windows Key and R key
shell:common startup (for All users)
shell:startup (for current users)
3) Click OK
Reason to access Startup Folder:
After Windows loaded, it will load application shortcuts found in Startup folder.
For Example, Outlook. Instead of clicking Outlook after Windows loaded, Outlook shortcut in Startup Folder will auto-load.
Issue: User configured Outlook (POP3). He able to receive email but unable to
(550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender)
1) make sure username and password are correct
2) Check E-mail Account settings again,
2) Incoming mail Server and Outgoing mail Server
3) Username and password
4) server port numbers
Issue: User wants to have Outlook auto-open first after he login to Windows.
1) Press Windows key and R key (Run window appears)
2) Type in shell:startup and click Ok (Startup folder appears)
3) Right-click on empty space and select New, Shortcut
4) Browse to Outlook’s Location and click Ok
My Outlook 2010’s location – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
5) Click Next and Finish
If you have sent wrong email to your colleague or forgot to add attachment, you can recall back the email to re-send again:
1) Open the email in the Sent Items
2) Click on Message tab, Move group’s Actions
3) Select Recall This Message & click OK
” You can’t recall messages sent to email addresses outside your organization.”
Accidentally toggled the Paragraph mark in New Message.
To remove Paragraph Mark, click on the content and click on Format Text tab in New Message, then click on the Paragraph Mark icon to turn off.
Keyboard shortcut keys: Ctrl+Shift+8