Issue: User unable to open Excel files. Encountered “There was a problem sending the command to the program”. error message.
1) Open Excel program
2) Click on File, Options, Advanced
3) Scroll down to General column
4) Uncheck the box for Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)
5) Click ok
I have IT acknowledgement form for users to sign off when they received laptops from me.
Instead of every time i type in the date, i set a cell using Today function:
1) Right click on the cell and select Format Cells…
2) Click on Number tab, select Date in the Category
3) Select the type of format you prefer, mine is 14-Mar-01
4) Type in the function =TODAY()
5) Every time i open this file, it will display current date.
Issue: User wants to have company logo on header when he opens blank Excel 2010.
1) Open Excel 2010
2) Click on Insert tab, click on Header & Footer in Text Column
3) Click on Picture in Header & Footer Elements column to select picture for header
4) Click on Format Picture in Header & Footer Elements to adjust the picture’s size if it is too big.
5) Click on File, Save
Filename must be Book.xltx
Save as type is Excel Template (*.xltx)
6) Save location must be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART
7) Click Save
8) Close all Excel files and open Excel 2010 again.
3) In sheet1, select A2 to A10 and click on Data Validation
In Allow column, select List
In Source column go to Sheet 3 click on Alice and press Shift key then click on Wendy to select all
3) Go back to Sheet 1, you will able to select user from the drop list