Issue: When user opened the Excel files which exported from AMS system, no information displayed.
If user checked the box for Unblock
User will able to see the information exported from AMS system.
- open Excel program
- Click on File, Options, Trust Center
- Click on Trust Center Settings… button
- Click on Protected View (left pane)
- uncheck Enable Protected View for files originating from the internet and Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
- Click ok
- Open the exported excel file. It will display information without prompt or error message.
Issue: User unable to open Excel files. Encountered “There was a problem sending the command to the program”. error message.
1) Open Excel program
2) Click on File, Options, Advanced
3) Scroll down to General column
4) Uncheck the box for Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)
5) Click ok
I have IT acknowledgement form for users to sign off when they received laptops from me.
Instead of every time i type in the date, i set a cell using Today function:
1) Right click on the cell and select Format Cells…
2) Click on Number tab, select Date in the Category
3) Select the type of format you prefer, mine is 14-Mar-01
4) Type in the function =TODAY()
5) Every time i open this file, it will display current date.
Issue: User wants to have company logo on header when he opens blank Excel 2010.
1) Open Excel 2010
2) Click on Insert tab, click on Header & Footer in Text Column
3) Click on Picture in Header & Footer Elements column to select picture for header
4) Click on Format Picture in Header & Footer Elements to adjust the picture’s size if it is too big.
5) Click on File, Save
Filename must be Book.xltx
Save as type is Excel Template (*.xltx)
6) Save location must be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART
7) Click Save
8) Close all Excel files and open Excel 2010 again.