Issue: Lenovo Thinkpad E470 user trying to connect to Viewsonic VA1903a Monitor but monitor displayed “Out of Range”
1) E470’s resolution is 1920×1080 whereas VA1903a’s resolution is 1366×768. Need to lower resolution in order to display properly.
2) Go to Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and click on Display
3) Select the other display instead of “Built-in Display”
4) Change Resolution to 1366×768
5) Select “Scale to Full Screen”
6) Click on Apply
7) Viewsonic monitor should able to display your Desktop.