Issue: User unable to send out email. Error message :Server error: ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to relay’
1)Check email account settings.
2)Make sure smtp server is correct
3) In email account settings, more settings, Outgoing Server, make sure there a tick for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
Issue: Lenovo Thinkpad E470 user trying to connect to Viewsonic VA1903a Monitor but monitor displayed “Out of Range”
1) E470’s resolution is 1920×1080 whereas VA1903a’s resolution is 1366×768. Need to lower resolution in order to display properly.
2) Go to Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and click on Display
3) Select the other display instead of “Built-in Display”
4) Change Resolution to 1366×768
5) Select “Scale to Full Screen”
6) Click on Apply
7) Viewsonic monitor should able to display your Desktop.
Issue: Users unable to access their Shared Storage – AsuStor AS-202TE
They also unable to ping NAS’s ip address.
1) Download and install ACC (AsuStor Control Center)
2) Connect ethernet cable between NAS and laptop
3) Run the ACC to find the NAS
4) Managed to locate the NAS but it was in different subnet.
5) Manually set IP configuration of the laptop to 192.168.1.6
6) Access 192.168.1.120 using broswer
POP3 users unable to receive emails but Exchange users and OWA are working fine.
Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.
1) In EMS, type Get-ServerComponentstate -Identity <mailservername> to check
If the result is:
2) Type Set-ServerComponentState -Identity <mailservername> -Component PopProxy -Requester HealthAPI -State Active
3) Type Get-ServerComponentstate -Identity <mailservername> to confirm PopProxy’ s state is active.
4) POP3 users should able to receive their incoming mails.
User’s Canon InkJet iX7000 Printer kept printing from manual tray in Outlook even though:
a) Cassette has paper
b) In printer properties, Paper Source is Manual Tray as default even i changed it to Cassette
c) In Word, Paper Source can select to Cassette and print out from Cassette.
1) In Outlook, go to Paper Setup and changed to Cassette for Paper Source.
2) In Printer properties, Paper Source also “auto-changed” to Cassette
3) User able to print using paper from Printer’s Cassette.